Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a really nice quiet Thanksgiving day. We hung out for most of the day at home until around 4:pm and then when to my in-laws for dinner. The kids actually got along. We made sugar cookie dough and used pumpkin, turkey and fall leave shaped cookies. After the first batch, I let the kids play (and eat) the remaining dough. The rolled it out, sprinkled flour on it, cut shapes and had a blast. I will upload pictures tomorrow - so check back then to see the mess they made...lol.

I wanted to right in this post what I am thankful for, so I figured I would post the top 10 things:

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for....

1. My Faith and Salvation. God has blessed me in many ways, but this is the foundation of everything in my life. Without God, I would have nothing.

2. My Children. I never thought this dream of being a Mom would ever come true. The first memory I have of anyone ever being pregnant was when my Aunt Beverly was pregnant with my cousin Kyle. I remember when he was born, his first birthday... Then when my cousin Gina had her first baby, I knew than that I wanted children. No doubt.

3. My Husband. Even though he drives me crazy, he has given me more than anyone has ever given me in terms of devotion, commitment and love.

4. My family. Even though my blood relations are far away, I still feel close to them. My heart is always with them. My in-laws are like my immediate family. I don't like the term, in-laws. I wish there was another term because they have made me their daughter and sister. I consider them as my blood relatives. God has blessed me through them.

5. My Home. Even though it is not big, flashy and new - it is the place we call home. I feel like I could live here the rest of my life.

6. My Health and my Children's Health. We have had our share of Cancer and illness, but thank God we are fine now.

7. My Friends - They keep my grounded and cheer my up when I am down.

8. My pets - Even though the hair I always clean up is annoying. They still love us and are such great company. The other day Joey walked up to Sadie and said "Hi! Sadie" while wrapping his arm around her big neck and hugging her.

9. Our Cars and belongings - Everything we have belongs to God.

10. Gods Provision for us in food, clothing and finances.

I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

God Bless you and yours!

No comments:

Followers