Friday, November 7, 2008

Ear infection, Election and the Circus is in town...

This week has been a crazy week for me and my silly monkeys. Silly monkey man has been sick and came down with an ear infection. He started running a fever on Monday afternoon and continued on through the night. It had gotten as high as 103, making him a very fussy little guy. So off to the doctor we went. When Joey gets sick, everything in the David house stops. All he wants is to be held and nothing else makes him happy. He is feeling a bit better now, thanks to the RX the doctor prescribed, but I was beginning to wonder where my rambunctious little boy had gone. I was worried that he would not be well enough to go to the circus on Friday, but thank goodness his fever finally broke on Thursday and my boy wonder returned.

My children also got to see their first election and History being made on Tuesday, November 4th, 2008. Barack Obama was elected as President of the United States. I guess it was a big deal for a lot of people. There were a lot of disappointed McCain fans, including me. There were some big issues that I just don't share the same view on with Obama. But when I saw the Obama family come on stage here in Chicago to give give his speech as the new president elect, I saw a normal American family and was reassured that God is in control of everything. I told Sarah (who was still awake at 11:00pm at night) "Look Sarah, There is our next president and his family. That is his wife and his two little girls. He is going to lead our country." Sarah then smiled and said "I want to be President too!". - Who knows, maybe she will be!
But for now she is just a child and like anyone else - loves the circus. Today we took Joey and Sarah to the Circus. This was Sarah's second one and Joey's first. We went with Cerene and Paulene and had a nice time. The kids loved the clowns, acrobats and elephants. Joey loved watching the dogs chase after and catch the Frisbees and Sarah loved the clowns dressed as penguins and the girls in their pretty costumes. I think it was a bit much for Joey cause he started to get irritable close to the end and fell asleep. And of course we bought souvenirs for both Joey and Sarah. Everything was expensive as we expected. Nothing is ever discounted at these types of events. Joey was fixated on this little spinning toy that lit up as it the lights and streamers spin around. And of course when Joey said "Pee-Peezzeee" (pretty please) Cerene could not resist and bought it for him. But the classic comment came from Sarah when Cerene asked her what she wanted her to get for her. Sarah said "I already have dibah's and animals at home, I don't need any more, I want cotton candy but it is 50 dollars!" I guess she overheard us talking about how expensive everything was. It is funny to see how things translate in their big-little minds.

No comments:

Followers