Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Break

I know it has been a while, but with Christmas coming and the craziness this season brings, I just have not been able to muster up the mental strength to write anything. I have felt a bit overwelmed with the magnatude of not having a "job" anymore. I thought it would affect me a bit differently. I thought I would be more proactive with more "time on my hands". But that has not been the case. I have found myself wanting to hibernate under the covers. I had all of these grand ideas of how I was going to be a better Mom since I did not have to work all the time. Instead I found myself focusing on what needed to be done. Cleaning, laundry, diaper changes, vacuming, Christmas cards, baking... And now here it is a couple days before Christmas and I have not even taken the time to read the account of Jesus birth in the gospel of Luke like I had "planned" to do.

So I am not going to be too hard on myself. This is not the last Christmas. It does not have to be perfect. I read another blog today that put it all into perspective for me. It really helped lift my spirits and prepared my heart to celebrate Christmas.
Here is the post: "Grace in a Manger"



Merry Christmas

No comments:

Followers